Friday, 17 August 2007

PC ON A STICK

PortableApps.com Suite
your computer, without the computer™

PortableApps.com Suite™ is a collection of portable apps including a web browser, email client, office suite, calendar/scheduler, instant messaging client, antivirus, sudoku game, backup utility and integrated menu, all preconfigured to work portably. Just drop it on your portable device and you're ready to go.




I have been running my email on a 1GB stick for the last few months and it's great. No matter what machine I'm at as long as it has a USB port and an Internet connection I have my email with me. In fact I have a version of Firefox, OpenOffice, I even have AV! It really is a PC on a stick.

A very easy to use, cheap, solution if you need your email on the move.

You just have to remember to back it up very regularly otherwise you can easily lose EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I had my email on a stick twice and both times it broke, although I am told it is marvellous. Would that be due to an electric forcefield emanating from me do you think, or perhaps to inadequacy of sticks, or to some other cause?

Circuit Rider said...

It may indeed have something to do with your magnetic personality, or, it could simple bad luck!

Hee Hee!.

Mind you I did panic the other day when my wife asked if the little white plastic thing in the pocket of my shirt, that had just been thru the wash, was anything important!